Toshiba Hard drive issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

aaronallan

Beta member
Hi guys, I recently aquired a toshiba a105 s4284 laptop from a friend. It gives me the SMART faillure predicted on hard disk, then says press f1 to continue. When I do the screen goes black. Common sense tells me that the hard drive is probably screwed. So my next step was to look for a new hard drive. I went to newegg and the only hard drives I saw that were SATA were toshiba and i dont really want to buy on of their hard drives if at all possible. What I was wondering was can I use a sata 3gb/s like Newegg.com - Seagate Momentus 5400.6 ST9320325AS 320GB 5400 RPM 8MB Cache 2.5" SATA 3.0Gb/s Internal Notebook Hard Drive -Bare Driveor do i have to stick to a crappy toshiba like this Newegg.com - Computer Hardware,Hard Drives,Laptop Hard Drives,5400 RPM,SATAalso if im going down the wrong road altogether please let me know. I have limited experience with computers. Thanks and sorry for the long post I figured it'd be easier than having to answer questions.

Yes, as long as it is a 2.5" HDD then you'll be fine. Doesn't matter which brand, capacity, etc. Simply take out the old one and plug in your other one. Reformat and that's it. Should be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom