Need help with Gateway drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

OleBlue02

Beta member
A friend of mine asked me to fix her Gateway MX 6447 but she does not have the recovery disks. I had to reinstall xp with a upgrade cd, but I am having a hard time finding the correct drivers for audio, wireless, usb and sd card drivers. Is there a way besides having to buy the cd from Gateway even if its a available. Here is the specs link Gateway Support - MX6447 Notebook Specifications any advice would be greatly appreciated..

Thanks

I have tried that but the program and just the lan and vga come up and I am pretty sure I installed the wrong lan driver but it works

I installed the drivers I found here Gateway Support - Downloads & Support Documents the lan is the only one I could get to work. They do not extract to right directory so I had to do it manually like the readme.txt specified. The Intel wireless driver is wrong, said no hardware found but it installed...the broadcom will not install successfully.

also when I try to install the broadcom drivers and go to device manager and there is no Ethernet controller under other devices.

alright I got the wireless working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom