6-core system cost?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fairfieldfalconsfan

In Runtime
I am probably going to be wanting/needing a build soon and was wondering what a 6-core system would cost if it also had the other equipment that would keep up/work good with it.

I don't want an actual build just an estimate of about what it would cost. It would be including OS but not keyboard, mouse, monitor.

Thanks!

if you want an Intel 6-core, then that would be over 1000...the processor alone is $600-900 depending on which one you pick..AMD's are about $300 if I remember correctly..

Edit: Oh, and Sandy Bridge is back on the shelves...if anyone is interested..

Still worth mentioning the 980x/990x, IMO, even if he's not going to get one.

You need to resarch the specific programs youre using, as an i7 1366 beat x6 in alot of things... and the 1155 beat 1366 in mot things.

However if the program is core dependant than the x6 will be a better option.

And lastly, 970s are found in around 500 bucks now.... Even less than the drop.

The computer would be used mostly for gaming and possibly folding??? in the future. May also be used for some(very little) video editing. Could you get a quad-core and then later put in a six-core in the same MB or do they use different sockets, and I mean if you stick with the same brand.

The socket thing is a yesas long as you get the same socket.

Like i got a 950, and plan a hex update eventually to a 980x or an associated 1366 Xeon hex chip.

Currently only am3 and 1366 sockets have hex cores.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom