Blue Screen of death. Tried everything (well i think i have) please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nashan13

Beta member
G'day guys,

Been having dramas with my pc for the past couple months and cant seem to find the cause. Keep receiving a blue screen or the computer just freezes up. Blue screens are usually DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL but i have seen a couple others.

I am running the following hardware

Intel Core 2 Quas 2.83 Q9550
6 Gig of Ram (Kingston)
Radeon ATI HD4850 Graphics with Catalyst 10.11 - 8.791-101026a-107889C-ATI (10-26-2010) driver
1TB Samsung Hard drive (Data)
750Mb WDC Hard drive (Windows 7 and programs)

A am currently running Windows 7 64 Bit build 7600.

Have tried formatting with fresh install of windows, run Memtest in boot with no errors, Furmark produced no errors. Prime95 produced no errors.

Max temps i have seen are:
Graphics - 67 degrees C
Processor 61 degrees C

I have swapped, removed and re-racked all ram sticks in all ports multiple times with no results.

Usually the blue screen occurs when underload, the 2 biggest culprits are itunes when syncing iphone as well as other programs running in the background but the biggest cause is when playing mkv files through VLC player. The computer is connected to my 50" TV and computer crashes anywhere from 10 minutes to 2 hours into a movie.

Have latest drivers and windows updates. Dont know what else to try. Hope i have supplied enough details. Any help would be much appreciated. :wink_tongue:

Cheers

Nathan

That BSoD code is not only associated with RAM problems but with Drivers as well. Since you have already run Memtest and Prime95 with no issues and you also have done a reinstall that would lead me to say you have a driver that is not liking Windows 7 at all.

Bug Check 0xA: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Cause

This bug check is issued if paged memory (or invalid memory) is accessed when the IRQL is too high.

The error that generates this bug check usually occurs after the installation of a faulty device driver, system service, or BIOS.

If you encounter bug check 0xA while upgrading to a later version of Windows, this error might be caused by a device driver, a system service, a virus scanner, or a backup tool that is incompatible with the new version.

Resolution

If a kernel debugger is available, obtain a stack trace.

To resolve an error caused by a faulty device driver, system service, or BIOS

Restart your computer.

Press F8 at the character-based menu that displays the operating system choices.

Select the Last Known Good Configuration option from the Windows Advanced Options menu. This option is most effective when only one driver or service is added at a time.

To resolve an error caused by an incompatible device driver, system service, virus scanner, or backup tool

Check the System Log in Event Viewer for error messages that might identify the device or driver that caused the error.

Try disabling memory caching of the BIOS.

Run the hardware diagnostics supplied by the system manufacturer, especially the memory scanner. For details on these procedures, see the owner's manual for your computer.

Make sure the latest Service Pack is installed.

If your system has small computer system interface (SCSI) adapters, contact the adapter manufacturer to obtain updated Windows drivers. Try disabling sync negotiation in the SCSI BIOS, checking the cabling and the SCSI IDs of each device, and confirming proper termination.

For integrated device electronics (IDE) devices, define the onboard IDE port as Primary only. Also, check each IDE device for the proper master/subordinate/stand-alone setting. Try removing all IDE devices except for hard disks.

Thanx guys,

Will try your suggestions tonight and will post results. Ive noticed a couple different stop codes. Will push it for blue screens tonight and take note of the codes.

Thanx again, much appreciated

Nathan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom