In the market for a new laptop, was wondering if this is any good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TolerantZero

Beta member
Hey guys, I've been looking for a new laptop and found one to my liking, however I'm not entirely sure if it'll run well. Here's the link to the specs, it should be under the "Details" tab. I'm not looking for a computer that can run every game there is, I mostly just play Minecraft and plan on getting Guild Wars 2 when it comes out, and if it runs well enough maybe some more games in the future, but for right now these two are what I'm mainly interested in. If you guys could help me out I'd appreciate it greatly.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe that should work out fine to play the games you just listed. The only problem that stood out to me was that the battery life is pretty awful.

Yeah, that is a good choice, Tolerant. Toshiba is known for awesome gaming laptops. Just bear in mind, you won't be playing on ultimate settings. Mid-settings at best. And heat will be your problem, you should get a cooler for it.

Vakez, when was 5 hours of battery life awful? :stare: No, you will never get a full 5 hours. But 3 hours at its best. Depends on how much power you are using as well. Also, typically when you are gaming, you want to be on power, so that the battery doesn't all the sudden fail when you're in the middle of fighting a pitboss or something.

Mid-settings is fine since I can at least run it, and the battery life shouldn't be much of a problem as I usually have it set up on a charger. Even then, 5 or so hours is good enough for me. However, if I need a cooler for it, is there a certain type you would recommend? As far as parts go, I don't have the faintest idea on what sort I should look for.

id be skeptical with integrated graphics for guild wars 2, but you can always run on low for smoothness =D

Hey, i recently bought a new laptop from newegg and i got a refurbished asus ul50vt and its such and awesome computer, it has both an intergrated graphics solution and a discrete card that you can switch back and forth from and i usually get like 6 hours of battery life from it, and its only like 500 bucks so, its the same price as that toshiba.

Hey, i recently bought a new laptop from newegg and i got a refurbished asus ul50vt and its such and awesome computer, it has both an intergrated graphics solution and a discrete card that you can switch back and forth from and i usually get like 6 hours of battery life from it, and its only like 500 bucks so, its the same price as that toshiba.

My laptop has the same feature (in my sig), it's very handy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom