computer wont post

Status
Not open for further replies.

luckywuffboi

Baseband Member
I've had this computer for a while. Maybe 6 months.. was working fine till recently..
My setup is:

Phenom x4 9850 black edition
3 gigs ddr2 800mhz of ram
Asus M4a77d motherboard
Ati radeon 2600xt
550w power supply
Some extra fans here and there

So my computer was working fine till about a week ago.. now when I turn it on it doesn't post. Did some troubleshooting and found out it works fine witb 2 sticks of ram.. once you put in tbe 3rd stick it wont post.. but if you turn the computer on and off a few times it will start up..

Anyone know what's going on?

Bad RAM. Use the 2 sticks you have at the moment. You'd want to run Memtest86+, to make sure your other RAM sticks are OK.

Still cant figure it out..

Alright, so i posted yesterday.. Got one reply, looked for my thread and i guess it's pretty far back there..
anyways..
My setup is

Asus M5A77D Motherboard
Phenom X4 9850 2.5
3 gig of XMS2-6400 800Mhz 5-5-5-18 1.8ov ver1.1
550w PSU
Radeon hd 2600 XT
500 gig sata harddrive

problem is,, computer wont post most of the time. you press the power button and everything powers up,, but nothing shows on the screen.
I've ran mem test,, and it didn't find any problems. i've tested each stick of ram in each slot and it started fine each time..

it seems to only happen when i let it sit off all night..

ant ideas on what i can do?

Re: Still cant figure it out..

Can you get into the bios?
What psu and how old?

Have you tried to run it out of the case?

You really should just add to your old thread btw

Re: Still cant figure it out..

i was going to ,, but i couldnt fine my old post. i'm a newbie here and dont really know how to work the site yet. sorry to double post everyone!

i can get into the bios if there is either 1 or 2 sticks of ram in the comp
the psu is an aspire atx switching power supply.. i guess its actuall only a 500w lol and it was bought from a computer store not new i think. i got it for like 5 dollars lol

and again,, i'm sorry for not adding this to my other thread..

!!--just tried a different PSU.. did the same thing..--!!

i ran it for one pass.. should i run it for 12 hours for each stick?

i started tested each stick of ram this morning,, and it didnt post with 1 of this sticks now..
why would it not work today.. but work ok tomorrow? it normally turns on with all the sticks of ram in it after i turn it on and off a few times.. and it seems to warm up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom