Help building ITX small form factor box for Home Entertainment System using.

Status
Not open for further replies.

organic

Baseband Member
I think we have been paying to much for Digital Cable for the amount of time we actually use it so I did some research and Boxee seems to be a good piece of software to move forward with.

I just need to build a small system that will make minimal noise and supports full HD video playback capabilities. I could buy the Boxee system but I would rather build my because I enjoy doing these types of things and I think I'll build a better system.

What is the best ITX board currently that that I can get this done with, this is also on a tight budget. My only concerns really are that I want it to be able to smoothly play full 1080 video.

I'm open to other solutions as well I really only did a small amount of research before posting this here so maybe Boxee blows the big one?

I don't have much knowledge with ITX form factor, however, before we give you any suggestions we need to know your budget.

I don't have much knowledge with ITX form factor, however, before we give you any suggestions we need to know your budget.

True that.

I have a case and storage all ready, but will only need the mainboard and possibly memory if the board takes DDR3. I wouldn't really want to pay anymore then 150 after tax for the board and I'll figure out the memory afterwards.

If possible getting a board with DDR2 would be great since i have all kinds of spare laying around the office, that would save me a few bucks.

Obviously If I'm reading this correctly you also need a cpu on that board?

Motherboard
Newegg.com - ZOTAC G43ITX-A-E LGA 775 Intel G43 HDMI Mini ITX Intel Motherboard

CPU
Newegg.com - Intel Celeron E3400 Wolfdale 2.6GHz 1MB L2 Cache LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Desktop Processor BX80571E3400

$143.98 free shipping and takes DDR2

or if you went AMD you could do...

Which is half the price but slower among lacking hdmi plugs and such.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.602884

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom