Graphics Card Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

demarcost

Beta member
Hi, I was wondering if someone could help me out. I recently purchased the game Magicka, but then sadly realized that I could not play it. I was also upset because I had just purchased 2 new gigs of RAM. I was hoping that would solve some of my gaming issues, but I was wrong. My graphics card sucks. So, I researched one that I really like and really want to get, but my computer's output of watts is not nearly enough to supply my graphics card. The graphics card I'm looking at is the EVGA Nvidia e-GeForce 8800GTS 320 MB PCIe Video Card:

Amazon.com: EVGA e-GeForce 8800GTS 320 MB PCIe Video Card: Electronics

Here are my system specs: (I'm not even sure if my motherboard can handle it)
eMachines W3653
Intel Celeron Dual-Core Processor E1200 1.6 GHz
Intel 945GC
Integrated Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950 (EW!)
2 GB DDR2 (Two 1 GB modules)
320 GB Memory
250 Watt Power Supply (I need to upgrade this, help!)
(I also have a PCI-E x16 and a PCI-E x1 slot, I believe the card I'm looking at needs the PCI-E x16).

If any more specs are needed, just let me know these are just some basics.

So, I am looking at upgrading my Power Supply and my Graphics Card. Just let me know if I can do what I'm inquiring.
Thanks!

With the card you linked I would recommend this

Upgrading the graphics card would certainly help but I would be more concerned with the CPU. Your still at or below the minimum requirements

Thanks, but do you mean that my CPU sucks and I need a better one to smoothly run the game? Or will the new graphics card do the trick?

your onboard vid is crappy that's primarily why you're having gaming issues. your cpu is not far behind either but you can atleast buy a new gfx card and psu which will improve performance now and you'll be able to move them over to a new build if you decide to do that.

how much are you looking to spend in total for a new card and psu?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom