steelseries Ikari Laser mouse bugging out

Status
Not open for further replies.

percussionman11

Baseband Member
I have an Ikari Laser mouse by SteelSeries which I love, however in the past few months it has started to go intermittent. I'll plug it in, computer recognizes it and loads the drivers and it works fine, then all of a sudden I hear the computer making the 'unplugged' and 'plugged back in' sounds and the mouse stops working while this happens. Didn't know if the cord was damaged (doesn't have any obvious physical problems) I have made sure all drivers are up to date, I have changed the USB ports and tested it on different systems and OS. Problem is consistent in all situations.

I don't want to trash it if I don't have to as it is an expensive mouse and know I will not replace it for another. Any thoughts/ideas/suggestions? I'm willing to try anything so no idea is dumb (ie opening it up, so long as somebody knows what they are doing to instruct me)

thanks in advance!

few years. I was under a sponsorship for a company and received it for free so even if it was under a year they already said they wouldn't replace it. When you say clean would you use compressed air or something else?

darn, hate losing this mouse cause it was so comfortable....Guess I will try opening it up and seeing if I can fix it with a good old dose of 'compressed air' but doubt it will do the trick as it seems to be a common sign of 'DMS' (dying mouse syndrome)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom