Not open for further replies.

IBDustin15

Solid State Member
Computer Case: Antec Nine Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower
Newegg.com - Antec Nine Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

Motherboard: MSI 870A-G55 AM3 AMD 770 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard
Newegg.com - MSI 870A-G55 AM3 AMD 770 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard

Processor: AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Thuban 3.3GHz, 3.7GHz Turbo 6
Newegg.com - AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Thuban 3.3GHz, 3.7GHz Turbo 6 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 125W Six-Core Desktop Processor HDE00ZFBR BOX

Power Supply: COOLER MASTER GX Series RS750-ACAAE3-US 750W
Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER GX Series RS750-ACAAE3-US 750W ATX12V v2.31 SLI Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply

Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar Blue WD6400AAKS 640GB 7200 RPM
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136218

DVD+RW: ASUS Black 24X DVD+R
Newegg.com - ASUS Black 24X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 12X DVD+R DL 24X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA 24X DVD Burner - Bulk - CD / DVD Burners

RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231314

Video Card: SAPPHIRE 100312SR Radeon HD 6950 2GB 256-bit GDDR5
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102914

Questions:

Will all my components be able to fit in my case nicely?

Will my processor, video card, and motherboard work well with one another?

To me it seems AMD puts out more power for less money. I picked the best processor they have to offer, and the video I chose can apparently be unlocked into a Radeon 6970 which is the best they have to offer. Will I get anything more powerful for about the same amount of money?

I have no idea how to set-up a BIOS or Operating System, is this difficult? I am worried about my computer not being as reliable as a brand name.

With the components I have will my case fans keep these at a cool temperature? I don't know how comfortable I feel using liquid cooling. I will add a side fan to my case as well to help with cooling.

Any opinions you guys have about the equipment I chose? If you know of better please list it and let me know why. Also anyone I would could maybe talk with on instant chat such as Facebook or AIM would be nice. I am really serious about doing this, I have the money in hand, but I just need advice and some knowledge.

Additional Equipment:

Fan Controller: AeroCool F6XT Controller, Panel (Do I even need this)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811999219

Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Compound - OEM
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835100007

Operating System: Windows 7
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832116754

Total cost currently: $$1,392.25

Money really isn't a issue, so if there is anything you would recommend for a valid reason let me know. I don't want a overkill of a computer though, even though I am probably already building one :p.

You seem to have missed out the last half of your post, RAM, case, etc.

Ya sorry about that, I accidentally hit post and it doesn't instantly post since I am new. It has to be approved by a moderator.

Those should all work fine together.

Suggestions:

I don't know how good cooler master power supplies are, I'd get this one: Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply
It's $10 more, but it is a better brand.

Also, I'd recommend waiting till the end of this month when Intel is supposed to re-release their new Sandy Bridge processors after a recall. They are much better than that AMD 6-core and a little bit less money (if you go with the 2600K)

One more thing...I don't know if you're set on that case, but here's another option: Newegg.com - Rosewill ARMOR Gaming ATX Mid Tower Computer Case ,Full mesh design front bezel, comes with Six Fans-1x Front 120mm Fan, 2x Top 120mm Fan, 1x Rear 120mm Fan, 1x 80mm Fan on motherboard tray, 1x Side 200mm Fan, option Fan-1x Bottom 120mm
There's nothing wrong with the one you have...just giving you another option (I don't have this case, but I want it)

Thanks Night Fox,

I will definitely go Corsair as far as the power supply, you are the second person that recommended it.

What about the RAM I chose? I have heard G.SKILL is good, but should I go with Corsair instead?
Maybe this? Newegg.com - CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9

I was actually torn between those two cases, I liked the interals better for the Rosewill, and I like the Antec better externally. I ended up going with the Antec due to the Blue LED lights match my keyboard and mouse.

Well for RAM, it doesn't really matter...there isn't much difference between manufacturers and RAM these days (as long as it's not a some no name brand)...i'd just go for the cheapest one or the one that looks the best; in this case, I'd go for the G.Skill because it is the same price, but it has a 2gb flash drive that comes with it. :D

Also, you don't really need a fan controller or thermal paste (unless you're using a third party cooler instead of the stock cooler)

(Also, if you wanted to IM, I don't have AIM or facebook, but I have xfire and steam if you wanted to get that.)

What do you guys think about this?

My Current Computer

Gateway FX
Q6600 @ 2.4 GHz 4 Cores
4 GB RAM (More like 3.2 GB Due to Vista 32 Bit, so retarded)
8800GT OC 512 MB
450W Power Supply

I run every game at 30+ FPS on max settings that I currently own. I even run Heaven Benchmark at 27 FPS with 2 AA. ( I am aware it doesn't look 1/2 as good as the newer cards. )

Here is what I have been thinking. The game I wanna get ready for is Skyrim: Elder Scrolls V. I figure why build a computer now when so much technology is about to launch and change. The equipment I am looking at now will probably be for budget builds in November. With the Bulldozer launch and Sandy Bridge re-releasing shortly even those will be down in price by November.

I had a couple people on multiple forums tell me "You will never be able to have the best computer for more than a month, upgrade now it doesn't matter." I am aware, but I think it would be unwise for me not to wait. My old FX is still holding up to the current games I play SC 2, WoW, RIFT (Beta), and a few others. What do you guys think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom