My OC Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
They maybe better at odd multipliers but that doesn't mean its desirable. Think of your cpu as a gas powered engine with a power curve. With an odd multiplier your either going to be overly cpu bound or memory bound, and in some situations the computer will perform great. But in general the computer will have better overall performance by syncing the performance levels of the cpu and memory.

you shouldn't need your VTT at 1.5v, what latencies are you running at? My VTT was at 1.5v but I was running my memory at 1600MHz with 6-6-6-20-54-1T timings.

At a more reasonable 1600MHz @ 8-8-8-24-72-1T or 9-9-9-28-72-1T you should be OK in the 1.25v to 1.4v (max) range.

Do you have Load Line Calibration Enabled? What is your DRAM voltage set at?

Your VTT voltage will cause the cpu core temps to rise just like the VCore. With the irq error I would raise my IOH VCore and my IOH/ICH I/O voltage as it sounds like its video related to me.

Higher latencies don't always help. I would set them at there rated spec's or no higher than 9-9-9-28-72-2T. Raising them to high can cause problems similar to trying to power a race engine with regular gas. The 1T over the 2T setting really doesn't offer much of a performance benefit like it did with DDR or DDR2 memory. I would try running them at 2T before I raised the other latency settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom