Memory problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

DurnKing

Beta member
I've just run a hardware diagnostic using System Suite and am getting the following in the memory test area: "Unable to use requested block size of 2048000K, using 1177600K

I have 12 gigs of memory in the form of 6 x 2. An Asus P6T board with i7 chip.

Do I have a problem and if so what can I do to fix it?

Thanks all.

DK

Get Memtest86+, that is a more thorough test. Boot off the Cd. Try running test for 2 phases for each chip, alone, to see which is the culprit.

Thanks, Mindover. I downloaded Memtest86+, burned and then booted from the CD. Unfortunately the test ran very slow and after leaving it running overnight I closed it down. Can you tell me more about "running test for 2 phases for each chip"? I expect there is a command panel that I am not yet aware of.

If you ran it over night, you're fine.
No idea what 2 phases is either, memtest is just boot and let run. But i think he meant 2 full tests. Though that isn't a good test as memory errors can be hard to find, so you need to run it long.

You couldn't access it last time because windows was using it.

What issue are you trying to figure out?

As I said above, when I run a memory diagnostic using System Suite I get, "Unable to use requested block size of 2048000K, using 1177600K." This is new. I'm trying to figure out what's causing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom