HWMonitor and BIOS reporting totally different temps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Figured it out. At somepoint when installing the rest of the components after the CPU i must of knocked the heat sink, it was slightly loose with a bit if a woble. Doesn't get over 60c now.

Thanks for the help though people.

I'm glad you figured it out :thumbsup:

update:

Okay it's just about okay for games, GTA4 is really cpu intensive and afer about 3 hours it was at 70c. I'm just about okay with that.

But i am trying to learn bullet, and when i Bake stuff it uses 90+cpu and it just sky rockets to 85c in just a few minutes. Not happy with that at all, especially as it would be like that for hours until blender is done. I have checked the heatsink, it is definitely on, and even if i push it down hard with my own hand it still gets to 83c in a few mins.

So, i want cooler reccomendations. The only requirements are the obvious really, it must fit on my P8P67 with my GSkill reaper RAM. And i don't want one where i have to take the mobo out and disconnect everything (I'm too lazy to build my PC more than once in a month :p) I just want to be able to take the old one off, and clip it on the normal way with everything still in place.

I'll spend up to £50.

It HAS to be able to keep my CPU happy (70c-ish at most) with hours of 90+ utilisation.

And i don't want one where i have to take the mobo out and disconnect everything (I'm too lazy to build my PC more than once in a month :p) I just want to be able to take the old one off, and clip it on the normal way with everything still in place.

That's the deal breaker. Your not going to get a "good" heatsink that clips to your mobo.

That's the deal breaker. Your not going to get a "good" heatsink that clips to your mobo.

Fine.. it was worth the try.

I guess i have no option then. Fire me up some good heatsinks that i can reasonably expect to fit. The cheaper the better, as long as it's sufficient. I dont need an absolutely amazing one, i'm not after -212c. Just cool enough so i don't damage my processor or blue screen after hours fo high usage :lol:

Used to have Freezer 7 Pro.. but not the new one to fit my socket :(

Zalman is looking like a good bet. I think i'll go with that.

Btw, i have some Zalman Grease that comes in a little glass bottle, not sure if its any good, is it worth me getting some new thermal grease ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom