best socket A heatsink

Status
Not open for further replies.

aj2003

Daemon Poster
Ive got a rubbish Jet7 the alu one and its giving me constant temp of 50C it was higher when i overclocked so i turned it down abit. i would love to get a Thermalright sp-97 i think it is but it needs the 4holes around the socket in the mobo and mine doesnt have that. so which other coolers could i get? i would like an ajustable fan speed one but i can easily mod that in. any ideas? thanks

Thermalright SLK-900A that's what I got and works great. I also have that Jet7 but I used the heatsink for my secondary computer and used the blower fan in my case mod project :D so the actual blower is behind my motherboard CPU socket blowing in :p

Anywho that Thermalright SLK-900A works great and I think they got now SLK-948U for socket A that has heatpipe technology which is supposed to work really good. Both of those can take up to 92x38 fan which is a 92mm high performance fan, a normal 92mm fan is 92x25, 80mm's are the same way, 25 is normal widthe and 38 is high performance....

It's a nice solid copper heatsink and works good..

Also appearantly coolermaster released a new heatsink and fan combo called the HyperSeries or something along those lines. Ag3 claims this has given him yet another decrease in temperatures from his already adequately cooled system

theres teh slk-947U which says its for 478 and socket A but i cant find out for sure if it uses the clamp or the 4holes?

There are universal ones, which I think is actually what the U stands for :p so it probably has both. Socket 478 is Intel so they are basically telling you it fits both Socket A (462) AMD's and Socket 478 Intels because they provide the brackets for each. I bought the SLK-948U I believe for an AMD64 System and it was like that, has brackets for Intel and AMD. They are smart, they want both industries to buy :D

If you have another question link me to the product and I'll take a look at it.

BTW: I think I made a mistake, the SLK-948U is for 64bit systems and alike, I think the SLK-947U is the current Socket A, especially if you're looking at it :p

i absolutely love the dp102, deep impact is the name, its got a superconductor/copper design along with the ability to mount 2 fans on your heatsink, amazing cooling power if you ask me... unfortunately i've only found it for around 50 dollars US

i absolutely love the dp102, deep impact is the name, its got a superconductor/copper design along with the ability to mount 2 fans on your heatsink, amazing cooling power if you ask me... unfortunately i've only found it for around 50 dollars US
Yeah I've seen that leonidas, it's pretty wild and two fans on it is just crazy. I heard its pretty monsterous in weight but so are the SLK's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom