Video card not working?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KJamesJR

In Runtime
This is going to be a silly question. It's regarding the ASUS M4A785TD-M EVO board. So I read a review concerning this board, which I already bought and installed. Anyways, this review stated it wouldn't switch from on-board graphics to a dedicated GPU unless you went into BIOS and changed it...

Now I already have a HD 5770 in the PC. Drivers are updated and it's listed in the Device Manager as the Graphics Adapter. Now you'd think it would be running, and it seems like it is... I'm worried by crazy review that it may not be fully functional yet unless I go into the BIOS.

I'll reboot it now and see what it's telling me.

This is going to be a silly question. It's regarding the ASUS M4A785TD-M EVO board. So I read a review concerning this board, which I already bought and installed. Anyways, this review stated it wouldn't switch from on-board graphics to a dedicated GPU unless you went into BIOS and changed it...

Now I already have a HD 5770 in the PC. Drivers are updated and it's listed in the Device Manager as the Graphics Adapter. Now you'd think it would be running, and it seems like it is... I'm worried by crazy review that it may not be fully functional yet unless I go into the BIOS.

I'll reboot it now and see what it's telling me.

If you can see the screen and you are using the GPU... It's working.

The whole bios thing is mainly in the case of you're not getting any video AT ALL while using a GPU.

You're fine ignore that review. If it really bothers you it can't hurt to change it in the bios but you should not need to.

Actually I couldn't find anything in the BIOS about it. I'm not BIOS savvy... I do have my monitor hooked up to the GPU and it is working.

Okay, also I'm looking for something to monitor my GPU. I'm using a windows gadget/core temp for my CPU. Is there anything like this for a GPU? If not, someone should make one.

Where did you find these?!?! I tried looking for more gadgets but it only brought up like six extra...

Okay I trust in your higher judgement.

Lastly; Is there something that will help me calibrated my display settings? I opened PS CS4 and the grays are looking brown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom