Motherboard Problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

matts4456

Baseband Member
Just installed a new psu after another just failed and now my computer will not display video or no POST beeps. I know the motherboard is getting power because the heat sink spins and the video card fan does as well. Have tried using only one stick of ram and still nothing if thats the case then i have two dead ram sticks but is there anyway to be sure? Also front panel led turns on for power but hdd light is blank, cd drive is also not working. This is an older system

Motherboard: XFX nforce 630i
PSU: Corsair CX500
Video card: HIS radeon 4650
CPU: Q6600

Just tried it and still getting no post beeps. I did plug in headphones into front panel audio and im getting some static, does that mean anything? Anything else to try?

No, your board speakers is a little thing in there, if theres not a front port wire for your case, you probably wont hear anything.

Like so:

cd41_1.JPG

No i don't have any extra power supplies on me, but even though the cpu cooler and gpu are spinning it could still be the psu?

Yeah i double checked every connection and just couldn't figure it out. I ended buying a cheap new asus mobo and got everything in tonight. So thanks for the help im all good to go

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom