So do i go with Sandy Bridge or not ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oreo

-Deactivated-
Can't decide whether to get sandy bridge or not. I was looking at the P8P67 or P8P67 deluxe with the Intel 2600K. I only have one HDD and one SSD so i could just use the sata 6bps ports and everything would be fine, right ?

I also can't decide whether to get 2500K, 2600K, or 2600. I never intend on overclocking, and have discrete graphics. So unless the K series have other benefits outside of overclocking and onboard gpu, is there much point to them ?

Thanks !

The only difference between the K-series and the non-K series is overclocking. So if you aren't planning on OCing, don't get them. You're daft not to, though ;)
All the new CPUs have onboard GPU, not just the K series.

Anyways, get the top-end, non-K i7.

As for motherboard, if you're not getting a K-series then you don't need a P67, most of the H67s are the same but do not allow OCing (that's the main difference between P67 and H67). However if I were to buy any 1155 mobo, it would be the P8P67 Pro from ASUS.

Also get a board with aslittle sata 3 as possible

Surely you mean SATA 2? Since it's the 3Gb/s one that's the problem. So you'd want as many SATA3 as possible.

Problem is, all the P67 boards I've seen so far only have 2 SATA3 ports. Though I believe the X67 boards have more.

Surely you mean SATA 2? Since it's the 3Gb/s one that's the problem. So you'd want as many SATA3 as possible.

Problem is, all the P67 boards I've seen so far only have 2 SATA3 ports. Though I believe the X67 boards have more.

The deluxe version of the ASUS has 4x SATA3 i think.

Yes and no I meant sata 3Gig..... forgot the gig......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom