Graphics Performance List

Ive used this guide alot the only thing i would add is the interface of each card PCI 2.0x16 etc... reason being i was planning un updating an old AGP sys to the most current and best AGP available ended up doing alot of research becuase of it:)

It would clutter the list. It's unnecessary now because all new models have been PCI-E x16 for the past couple years

^could be handy for people with older systems though. wouldn't really clutter it either i don't think ...

example:
55 | 8800gt | PCIE
56 | 7600gt | PCIE
57 | 6200gt | AGP
58 | 2400xt | AGP
I actually kind of prefer that format to what is currently anyway :p

Idea: A star beside cards that offer a good bang for buck would be useful as well. Like for example the 4850 was a really good bang for your buck back when it was released, so people looking to buy a card with good performance and a good cost, and not an enthusiast card that isn't entirely necessary, they wouldn't have to look that hard. I have thought of one problem with that however, the older cards that were considered good bang for your buck cards, would they really need a star? or would only the relatively recent cards need it?

I'll start adding cards again today. Posting this so I don't have any wriggle room to procrastinate :p

edit: I'll try and get at least 2 up, mebbe 3

was building my friend his computer this weekend, using some of the old parts like the ram and he said he wanted to use the video card from his old system, i took a look at it, couldn't tell what it was other then that it was old, so plugged it in and looked at some specs....it was a voodoo 3....suffice it to say i gave him my spare 9600gt that i don't use.

570, 560 i don't see it.

dude, how much of a jump is that? Don't you wanna go higher?

its a 10 to 20 frame jump in most cases but the more I looked into it the less I want it. The 450 can game pretty **** well so I think I'm waiting awhile until I can afford some serious upgrades.

OK- hears a headache to choose between:

1) Galaxy nvidia 460 with 768 MB of Vram = $90 w/ 2 yr warranty
2) EVGA nvidia 450 with 1gb Vram for $105 w/ 1 yr warranty.
3) ATI XFX 5770 = $114 w/ lifetime warranty.

Back
Top Bottom