upgrade to XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

nichol

Baseband Member
hi...i use win 98 SE now, and plan to upgrade my OS to XP.
Must i back up all my data? how about my program files? i don't like to reinstall them after on XP...
can i install Xp without lost all my stuff? how?

When you upgrade to xp, all your data will still be there, as well as all your programs but its always agood idea to back things up just in case.

back up for redundancy. when you're installing xp make sure you say upgrade, NOT clean install.

Uh...just out of curiosity...If your system is currently running 98SE, is it good enough to run XP? XP is NOTHING like 98 when it comes to the hardware environment.

ShoobieRat said:
Uh...just out of curiosity...If your system is currently running 98SE, is it good enough to run XP? XP is NOTHING like 98 when it comes to the hardware environment.

QFT

my brother made this mistake with his old rig with 96mb of ram, god it was hilarious when he called and said it was running really slow:p

nichol said:
hi...i use win 98 SE now, and plan to upgrade my OS to XP.
Must i back up all my data? how about my program files? i don't like to reinstall them after on XP...
can i install Xp without lost all my stuff? how?

You need at least 1000 mgh prosessor-256 ram

oh God...i feel so so so unlucky...I have 733 MHz Pentium III with 192 MB RAM. It sucks to upgrade PC here (indonesia). Technology is expensive enough and limited. i think i have to save all my salaries for about a half year to have an up-to-date powerful PC...Hiks..hiks.. :( Oh God, why i was born in Indonesia...
Is my PC capable enough to run on XP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom