Urgent: Pc harddrive: big problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ecca Ecca

Solid State Member
Anyone know why my past 3 hard drives have failed me. They last thing I see on all of them is scrambled writing and then when I go to reboot it is all scrambled start menu and restarts itself. I tryed to reformat with the XP disk because I have no floppys. It seemed like it worked until I had to restart, now it just sits at a random black screen and does absolutely nothing. I am going to try to reformat with floppys but I fear that the hard drive is destroyed. Any information on why you think that this problem is occuring please help out and post. If you need any information about the computer with the problems please ask for it. I will gladly look it up for you. The only thing I can think of that could be causing this is maybe as someone suggested before the power supply is frying it. I have no clue really I would greatly appriciate any help

THANK YOU

This may sound too simple but have you replaced the IDE cable?
I got that scrambled writing once and that seemed to fix my problem.

No I have not replaced the IDE cable, I will look into that I appriciate your help :)

Here is some stuff that may be useful

NOTE: I am not trying to sell anything I am just linking the model so you can click and see more specs on that item if needed
Motherboard: Shuttle: Mainboard ak32e
Hard Drive/s:
1st) Maxtor model:6E030L0 (40 gig)
2nd) Maxtor Model:6Y080P0 (80 gig)
3rd) Western Digital EIDE model:WD400BB-00DEA0 (40 gig)
System: AMD Athlon, 1800MHz
Memory: 256MB SDR RAM + 128MB SDR RAM (PC100)
Video: RADEON 7000 Series
Windows: Windows XP SP2
PowerSupply: Xtreme (switching power supply) model: lp-6001d (400W max)

It was purchased and built by a friend of my dads as a gift for Christmas (12/25/03) (11 months old)
It stays on alot, 12 hours+ a day

3 fans in total:
1 Built into the powersupply
1 Built into a squareblock cooling the motherboard
1 mounted on the side on my tower to blow air out
This computer has room to 'breathe' There is a good source of airflow it isn't like under my desk it is on the side.
My cpu temperature ranged from 90-95

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom