Kind of suspicious of my phenom ii x6 overclock issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

-RockMan-

Banned
Bout 3 weeks ago I was doing 3d mark contest I had entered, and I was required to have my gpu and cpu overclocked as high as it would go.

Well, even before I really even bothered to overclock the cpu, in bios under DDR3 1333 Kingstom ram timgings, it said the maxmium output it could acheive with turbo overclock and calibration.
Would be at 3.96ghz stable, so I gave it a little test it will reach as far up to 3.0ghz.

Meaning, if its not being givin any type of work it will show no real over clock.
The Motherboard bios has a reason for this, but to enable this speed temporarily when I need it such as benching, what can I do to acheive this speed ?

what exactly are you asking?

are you asking why it won't go up to 3.96ghz?

i gather that it won't go all the way up to 3.96ghz, and sits at 3ghz, which would lead me to belive that cool n' quiet is on, but you seem to know that..? so turn it off?

i guess just reword the post so i/we can make some more sense out of it.

Sorry, my mistake, but yeah was trying to figure out why it's not reaching that high overclock speed.
Will try it later on and see what happens, sorry about the miswording.

well you know how to overclock, just tweak it until it doesn't go anymore... have you been able to oc it at all? you haven't really given any information to say that something is holding you back, or really any info for that matter..

Mike, why don't you start by listing your hardware (including case and heatsinks). Then set everything back to default and take a temperature reading (idle and load). When we have all that info, we will be in a better position to help you out.

Thanks, I will do that in 2 hours, having a new motherboard that is having trouble posting.
If I fix it and get it to boot, I will provide the newer information from the new sli mobo.

Why do you need it to boot to tell us this information? Just tell us what motherboard you have, we know the CPU, RAM type/make, etc.

(Over 5k posts! :cool:)

Mind, I just got it to boot after I had left here 30 minutes ago.
Also you do need some new info on my setup because I have changed some stuff in it, and more will follow this week.

Aerocool Vx-e Standard edition/
Artic Freezer Pro 64bit
AMD Phenom II 1055T X6 default current speed 2.80ghz
MSI AM3 NF750-G55 v1.0 nvidia SLI Motherboard
Kington Ram 1333 voltage 1.5 low profile 1gb
Kington Ram 1066 voltage 1.5 normal 1gb
Kingstom Ram 1333 voltage 1.5 normal 1gb (unstable sending it back monday afternoon)
Western digital Cavier Blue 320gb back-up
Westerrn digital cavier Green 500gb Main for windows 7 and suse.
Logistycs 575watts PSU SLI ready
Logistycs digital thermal gauge.
LG Blu-RE
LG Blu-Ray combo drive -disabled-

120mm fan in the center of the bottom case blow air up while the aero cool's turbine fan sucks air in and through out the case to the back.

I will get the tempatures later, something is wrong with the bios again.

Honestly I wouldn't expect much of an overclock with those components. The Arctic Freezer Pro 64 is going to struggle to cool an overclocked 6 core processor and having mismatched ram will make getting it stable a challenge. You might be able to get a few hundred mhz out of it but I wouldn't expect t to get anywhere close to 4ghz.

My point exactly. You are not going to get much an OC out of those parts. You really need to know how to OC before you make the attempt. We can help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom