Problem w/ New Motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
what are the full specs of your rig now?

also try disconnecting the hdd and just running the cd drive. see if it works.

Rosewill 500W PSU
AMD Phenon X2 555
M4A89GTD PRO Mobo
DDR3-1333 (2 sticks of 2 GB each)
Pioneer CD/DVD
WD 250GB Caviar Black

just as a random thing, check your jumpers on the drive/hdd. it would be the first time i've seen the issue, but it might be a jumper conflict.

it should say on the drive what the settings for master/slave are. change it so the cd is master and hdd is slave. or just disconnect the hdd and see if it recognizes it. if it dosn't when it's the only drive connected then there's an issue elsewhere.

ok, try 2/3 things for me. first off, try a different cd drive if you've got one, check the jumpers if you haven't done that already, and lastly update the bios if you're not on the latest version.

you should be able to check it by getting into it (whatever you need to do to get into it do it) and go on the asus site for the latest bios version.

and is the cd/dvd drive sata ?

Ah. I thought you would ask that. I have a very old CD/DVD drive, it's IDE, not SATA, could that be the problem?

Also, I went into the BIOS and and set the CD to boot first and disabled everything else, but when I hit the "hotkey" (F8) during the BIOS loadup, it only gave me the option to boot from my HD.

check the jumper settings make sure the cd drive is master, and also make sure the drive is connected as drive 0 on the ide cable, not drive 1.

also back in the bios set the sata controller option to IDE and turn off AHCI, i believe those options are there.

Eventually SOMETHING I suggest should work.... >.<

Peter, I appreciate all your help, I'm tired, going to bed, going to work it tomorrow morning. Will post back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom