Problem w/ New Motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

leonardmp92

Daemon Poster
Hello,

Just installed an ASUS M4A89GTD PRO with an AMD Phenon 2 555 and 4GB of DDR3-1333. It posts and runs into BIOS ok, sees my HD via SATA, but then doesnt see my OS (WIndows XP), takes me to the screen asking me if I "want to start windows normally", "Safe mode", etc. If I pick "start windows normally", it reboots and goes thru the whole process again. I cant find anything useful on the ASUS website.

Any ideas?

Thank you.

No. Should I? Not sure if I can do it, I tried to boot the OS from the CD (rearranged boot sequence in the bios), but it still didnt recognize the OS.

Thanks Peter. What if I can't even get it to "see" the CDROM. Should I just disconnect the SATA HD and just disable everything in the BIOS except the CDROM?

change the boot order in the bios and there should be a hotkey option when it posts to boot from a specific device.

Hmm...doesnt seem to work. Posted one time, then I cant get to the BIOS. I only hooked up the CDROM and the original OS HD. Could it be something w/ my power settings? I had only a 20 pin connection on my other mobo, but this one is 24 so I attached the additional 4 pin connector from the PSU, but then the mobo manual said it also needed another 8 pin connector, but there was a plate covering 4 of the pins, so I tried it w/ 4 and 8, but not sure which one should work.

whats your psu?

and can you see the cd drive in the bios? and your install cd is on a cd not a dvd correct

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom