Require assistance upgrading an Inspiron 531

Status
Not open for further replies.
yep - that will be fine. Sorry should have looked you were in UK. New at actually helping out others. I was the one getting help only a few months ago. To Learn , just read along various threads and it is amazing how much you pick up over time. I am by no means an expert like the guys with thousands of posts on here. But, hope to help out a few people anyhow.

Ah thanks for posting! Okai I have made a few changes on what I'm going to buy. I am now going to buy an Nvidia 450 GTS card, how will I know if the PSU and/or the motherboard is compatible. Sorry for the late response and thank you for yours!!!

That should be fine - there should be no compatibility issues with those parts. That card is on my short list of GPU's I may be using to upgrade my HP. The PSU should have directions on which plug to use to power the MOBO. GPU should have directions on which PSU plug to use to power it. SO, your good to go.

The cooler and that the Palit is factory overclocked.

If the warranties are comparable I would go with the Palit.

Oh okai, I read it, but it's one of those things I won't understand until I've read it 10x over xD

So what does the '1GB GeForce' or '1024MB GeForce' actually mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom