Computer Programming question

Status
Not open for further replies.
oaktree5489 said:
Basicly my question is is how do Microsoft and the professional comp. programmers prgram their stuff. What type of language do they use.
Thanks For ur help
Ive been using Delphi, it's pretty easy and fun to use, just as easy as VB.. but better, it's kind of like VB on steroids. Here's what it looks like to make windows programs in Delphi. This is a media player i was working on.

form.png

This is part of the code

code.png

so you're saying that there's no way to modify or "recreate" a portion of the application beacuas ei don't have the source code? That's kinda what i'm interested in doing is recreating an action when u click a button on real player. Do i need to create an individual application to do this for me?
Thanks

You need a disasmbler, but first you need to know the language. Otherwise it will all look like junk. C++ is probably what a lot of commercial apps are made from, but there is coming up a ton of apps made with .NET languages (VB and C#), there is also a fair amount made in delphi as well.

ok so with a disassembler it will br kinda like un-compling the application into that original language?

Um, uncompiling something is just not that easy. Like said above, unless you can read assembly, dont bother reverse engineering.

Assembly doesn't have variable names, so decompiler will generate it's own names making your decompiled code hard to read. You'll probably end up assembly mixed in with code.

Meh, I just get tired when people say "google that" Sometimes people don't know what to google for. And sometimes they way to speak to a human, not a robot search engine :p

There's quite a few times when I'll google for something, but I want a human to explain things to me, so I ask on a forum. I just think it's a bit more useful when someone tells me information rather then the obvious google that answer.

Iron_Cross said:
Meh, I just get tired when people say "google that" Sometimes people don't know what to google for. And sometimes they way to speak to a human, not a robot search engine :p

There's quite a few times when I'll google for something, but I want a human to explain things to me, so I ask on a forum. I just think it's a bit more useful when someone tells me information rather then the obvious google that answer.

what ppl are trying to say is pick a language and study it. whether it be from school, in a book, or web searches.

Take this thread for example, this guy didn't want to study a language, he wanted to know how to decompile it. So saying "Google Python" or "Google C++" didn't help worth anything. Only by explaining things did this guy finally find out what he wanted. Now he knows what he wants, we can then tell him which language to study. Now then if a guy came in an said "where can I find info on java" we could say go google for java. Otherwise it's just good to add some information to the go-google phrase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom