POOR Gaming Performance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Delboy :) said:
Hello peeps,

Latley I have been experiencing very poor graphics and gaming performance and I really havent a clue what it is. I have just formatted my hard drive and installed XP Home.

My drive isnt fragged and i havent got any spyware or junk anywhere, no suspicious background processes. Its fresh.

I have also increased my paging file size:

Intial Size: 576mb
Max Size: 576mb

Is this going to boost performace in any way? What effect does this paging file do ... ?! I read that it acted as virtual RAM ... ?

Here are my specs :

Intel Celeron 4A 2.8GHz
64Mb ATi 7000 IGP
192Mb DDR SDRAM
NTFS 40Gb uncompressed hard drive

What could I do to improve gaming performance?

I am aiming to get to boost my RAM up to a Gig, would that help?

Cheers, Delboy

Any replies are more than grateful :D

once again you don't have enough ram

k cool, hope thats the only problem.

oh and 1 more thing, i got an intergrated graphics card, hence the '' ATi Radeon 7000 IGP '' . Does this mean i cant take it out and replace it with a newer one?

Cheers,

- Delboy

Delboy :) said:
k cool, hope thats the only problem.

oh and 1 more thing, i got an intergrated graphics card, hence the '' ATi Radeon 7000 IGP '' . Does this mean i cant take it out and replace it with a newer one?

Cheers,

- Delboy

you can't take it out, but you can install a pci or agp card that your system will use instead.

If this is a laptop, then no. Integrated means the graphics card is embedded (soldered) to the motherboard. Many laptops, especially Dells and Compaqs, don't have the ability to support an add-in video card.

Buy more RAM. If you machine can support it, I would suggest no less than 512 DDR SDRAM. Also, if this is a fresh system, you'll need to update all your drivers and settings. Lastly, I would suggest making your page-file bigger (probably 768 on your machine), but remember: you must have that space free on your drive. If you've only got 500mb left on the hard-drive, you can't have a page file bigger than 500mb...and even that won't work.

It doesn't sound like your system was intended for gaming (at least not anything above solitare) so you've got some serious restrictions going on. Don't expect miracles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom