MSI Wind U 100 Netbook

Status
Not open for further replies.

-RockMan-

Banned
I bought this off of ebay on sunday evening.
Newegg.com - Wind U100-420US Black Intel Atom N270(1.60GHz) 10.0" WSVGA 1GB Memory 120GB HDMSI D Netbook
For about 80.00 bucks, the seller told me he bought it new last year, and then suddenly it just refused to comeback on.
I know what the problem is and it his battery and ac adapter, I have the tools to make the repairs.

What do you think about this msi wind u100 other than the first 2 hour battery given out by msi ? I needed the speed boost for what I do now and I am mostly on the go with my netbook.

My little black asus 900hd is finally showing signs of wearing down, it's hard to even to touch the keys now, when it gets hot.

What exactly is your problem? You bought it? You know how to fix it up? Why are you asking us what we think of it? You can answer that yourself once you repair it.

I was just asking if anyone might have gotten a chance to own this once or review it ?
I wasn't necessarily looking for help, but others opnions about this netbook.

I've got one and love it. I've upgraded mine with 2gb of ram and a OCZ vertex 2 ssd and it performs very well for such a small system I does require fairly specific ram in order to work with the built in stick but I can get you a link to it if you want

Thanks puddler for your input if you have a link to the ram I'll have look at it later on when I am done cutting down this tree.
Also Mind the reason why I asked you onced in your profile about this netbook, because you have much experience with mobile laptops and netbooks.
I just wanted your small input on it like always, however though I didn't mean for it to go like this.
Next time I won't say anything in here not unless something it's I really can't fix on my own.

Mike stop being so touchy on everything. Just cause someone doesnt understand what your trying to get at doesnt mean you have to get all huffy and post that you wont post next time. My goodness you are so touchy every time someone questions something you do. Get over it already it will happen all your life. Maybe next time you can be a little more clear on what you want. Maybe instead of saying "I want to know what you think of it" maybe ask to be more precise.

I mean a Netbook is a Netbook. They all run the Intel Atom CPU for now and unless you configure it they all come with 1GB of RAM. The only difference between them will be either running Linux, XP or Windows 7 Starter. I dont see why you would buy a Netbook that has the same specs you do now when all you had to do was upgrade your RAM in your old one. You could have easily spent the $80 on that.

I would have said the same thing as MoM cause i have no clue what your asking, even after Puddle's remarks. Cause from what i gather you already have a Netbook. Now you bought a new one thinking that it would net you more speed? They are all configured the same unless you customize them when you buy them and pay extra money. Since the person was looking to drop it for under $100 that tells me it is pretty much what you can get at Walmart for $298. So you wont get much of a speed boost, in fact you might even lose some speed.

Maybe instead of letting it get so hot you can use a cooling pad or give the device a break. They are not made to be used like laptops or for heavy use. They are made for portability. Maybe your expecting to much out of the device? Maybe you should look at getting a full laptop that is at least 13" so it has more room for airflow to accommodate what you are trying to do since it is clear that a Netbook cant handle what you are doing with it if it gets so hot you cant touch it.

What ? I wasn't even getting mad at mind all I did was ask him for his advice.
If I were angry, things would have turned out differently, but I am not upset about this.
Also the reason why I bought this netbook, because yes at 900mhz there are currently some newer updated programs such as corel, adobe or even office 07 and others for example it can't handle to well.

No, I am not pushing that netbook all the time I use it 3 times a day normally.
Since my pc has been knocked out I try not to push it and use my mothers raid max at night.

Still the same thing i said. If you would have acted differently, it would have been handled differently.

It still doesnt make any sense. They are the same CPU. So why buy yet another netbook and ask about it instead of asking how it operates these programs? That makes no sense at all.

Either way you got your answer. Topic Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom