i5 2500K Build Advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Novakain

Beta member
$810 is pretty great, the original build I posted brought me to about $775 pre-rebate. I was looking at trying to find some benchmarks between a 6950 and the 560, but havent found any yet. I'd like to see how they stand against eachother. The GPU is one part I can't fully decide on either.

I hope you did not purchase that P67 MOBO yet. If so, your best bet is to obtain and refund or wait until the vendor offers a replacement MB sometime in April.

I recommend you NOT build your Sandy Bridge rig just yet because Intel recently released a report of a major flaw in their chips on the new P67 MOBO's. You can read about it here:

Intel Identifies Chipset Design Error, Implementing Solution

The SATA II controllers are prone to fail.

Most motherboard manufacturers are saying they will not be releasing the new mobos until late April.

You may want to wait.

Soar

Is there a different motherboard that would still work well with my build? I won't be building my computer nor ordering parts until late Fabruary into early March. According to that info from your link, it seems that "most" issues should be handled by then, continuing into April..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom