Start up issues - Newly Built

Status
Not open for further replies.
By reset BIOS, I meant power down, take the watch battery off the board, wait a few minutes, put it back in and start it up. Everything will be default, and it can fix a lot of more things.

OK Just did so. Same problem. Two things I've noticed that may or may not be relevant.
1) Sometimes when I start it, it gets passed BIOS and restarts instantly going back through POST/BIOS once more.
2) Twice now I've got 'Invalid Checksum' error. 'Load defaults or F2 for setup'...

Try running only with one stick of RAM.

Should have updated that I did that last night. Same problem.

SPECS:
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory
AMD Phenom II X6 1075T Thuban 3.0GHz 6 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 125W Six-Core Desktop Processor
APEVIA ATX-JV650W 650W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Power Supply
PNY XLR8 VCGGTX4601XPB-OC GeForce GTX 460 (Fermi) OC 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card
MSI NF750-G55 AM3 NVIDIA nForce 750a SLI HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard
2 SATA HDDS, 1SSD HD, 1IDE HD.

UPDATE: Just tried taking out each ram stick again, left a different stick in this time. Took out the Video card, and used onboard video. Same problem...blinking cursor. Nothing else is even plugged into the mobo.

The BIOS has a built in Flash feature. I just flashed it with http://www.msi.com/product/mb/NF750-G55.html#/?div=BIOS v1.6 there. And now I'm getting stuck on "Checking NVRAM". Freezes up. Going to attempt to reflash with maybe 1.5

UPDATE: Just flashed(through BIOS M-FLASH option) to 1.5 now.

GOT UBUNTU SCREEN. Gonna plug stuff in and try and install win7 now.

chris,

how did you do this? i have had the same thing happen to me, but cannot get back to where i can flash the bios? please help!!

thanks much

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom