AMD Launches PC's

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's awesome.........wonder what the specs are.....that would be great for my grandparents :p

It says the specs in the paragraph,

As anticipated, the PIC is a compact Windows CE-based machine equipped with an AMD Geode GX500 processor, 128MB of DDR SDRAM, a 10GB hard drive, modem, four USB ports, and a mouse and keyboard and modem to plug into them. It ships with a 15in monitor

OIDanTheManIO said:
How so?

-Dan The Man
Because my grandparents just use it to check their email, and for AIM. They don't want a labtop because they cost money, and a desktop PC would be inconvenient for them because they have two houses (one in New York and the other in Florida........they go to New York for the summer and they go to Florida for the winter.....smart grandparents, eh? :p ) So it's small and it looks lite weight and it would be perfect for them....as long as the price tag isn't very big....and yes, I have considered building a MiniATX computer for them, but that wouldn't really suite their needs.

tOny mOnt4n4 said:
It says the specs in the paragraph,

As anticipated, the PIC is a compact Windows CE-based machine equipped with an AMD Geode GX500 processor, 128MB of DDR SDRAM, a 10GB hard drive, modem, four USB ports, and a mouse and keyboard and modem to plug into them. It ships with a 15in monitor

128mb of DDR SDRAM?....DDR SDRAM?...... :confused: :confused: Monitor wouldnt be needed, but o well. As long as it doesn't cost more than $250 USD i'll show my grandparents that....but first it has to come out....so i guess i'll have to wait till then. :p

yeah that is a really cool looking gadget...if I had money to toss away I'd get one just because :p

Funny how they say this:

The device is the foundation of a new programme to sell more processors... er... bring the benefits of the Internet to the developing world.
Yeah like Intel doesn't brainwas....errr...I mean market their processors like beastly maniacle madmen from the depths of hell...speaking of which I posted this in another forum...check out what Dells CEO has to say about AMD Processors...just look for the last sentence in the first paragraph and the first sentence in the 2nd paragraph...that guy basically contradicts himself in the first sentence lol...here's the link:

http://www.hardwareanalysis.com/content/article/1747/

A lot about Dell in that article. I hate Dell, and all of the relatives that have used Dell also have had bad experiences. Im sure they did cut some kind of deal with Intel.

It's a no brainer they cut a deal with Intel...the CEO is just a cocky moron "We're the number one seller and we dont sell AMD" , yeah and you haven't tried selling AMD despite the 'High demand' you claim isn't there...so how would they know whether they are doing better or worse with AMD's? Losers.....I hate dell with a passion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom