Starting print spooler?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mma jedi

Beta member
I have an issue w/my printer..the error mssg"print spooler service not running"...when I tried to manually go into the win32 section to start ..it would not let me.So,then I went to the Microsoft Auto-Fix,which I had to install Microsoft Service Pack 3 first..did that,ran Auto-Fix..it at first said it was starting the print spooler and then said the action couldn't be completed.So now I'm stuck again...anyone know how to fix this problemThanks in advance.

Do you have drivers from your printer's manufacturer? (HP, Canon, Lexmark, etc.?)

If you are using drivers that Windows found, they are probably not the exact drivers you need.

Press Windows key+R (or go to Start > Run) and then type in: "services.msc" (without the quotes), and hit enter. Find the print spooler service, and right click it. Check what the startup type is (auto, manual, etc... set to auto if something else). Then try to manually start it if its stopped (just click the Start button).

let us know if that does or doesn't help. Also, adding onto what MindoverMaster said, check to make sure you have the correct/latest drivers for your printer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom