Build advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Mike

Baseband Member
Hi guys it me again, You've all helped me out quite alot by answer questions for me before in regards to my build. And I'll actually be making a new rig now and just wanted to have someone look over what I've collected to make sure everything is compatible, best bang for my buck and nothing is missing. Because I keep looking at the list and some feels really off.

Case
COOLER MASTER HAF X RC-942-KKN1 Black Steel/ Plastic ATX Full Tower Computer Case 199.99

PSU
CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC 109.99

Ram
G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL 109.99

MoBo
ASUS P8P67 PRO LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard 189.99

CPU
Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz (3.7GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor BX80623I52500K 229.99

SSD
Kingston SSDNow V Series SNV125-S2/30GB 2.5" 30GB SATA II Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) 74.99

Total equals to just over 900.

SSD is for boot up only hence why I'm going with a small one I already have some HD's, DL Drive(Might buy bluray later) and a spare HD4650 Graphics card. I was also hoping to find a NIC that had both a ethernet port and wireless no luck though. : /

As a thanks to anyone who helps and would like a Signature I'm pretty savy wth CS5 and would be glad to make something in return.

Hmm I'm actually undecided about over-clocking. But heat will be a issue where this will be stored so I may attain that cooler.

And wow just my luck, MoBo and CPU just got pulled from shelves. : /

Hmm I'm actually undecided about over-clocking. But heat will be a issue where this will be stored so I may attain that cooler.

And wow just my luck, MoBo and CPU just got pulled from shelves. : /

Yeah I think a lot of people are in your boat unfortunately with the Sandy Bridges getting pulled because of the hardware problem. I was about to put together a build for a friend but now I think he is just going to wait until the re-release of the 2600s.

As for you being undecided on the overclocking I'm assuming you are fairly new to building like myself so maybe you don't feel 100% comfortable doing it. Well that is at least me however even if you don't do it right away and wait like a year or whatever after some research than its basically a free upgrade.

Good luck with the build!

Thanks for the luck, and yeah that would be the reason why I am a little hesitant I'm not exactly sure what overclocking even does to be honest.
With that mobo and cpu currently out of action does anyone any alternatives at about the same price range with the same or better performance? And I guess I might as well go with a red color scheme instead of just going for parts.

Thanks for the luck, and yeah that would be the reason why I am a little hesitant I'm not exactly sure what overclocking even does to be honest.
With that mobo and cpu currently out of action does anyone any alternatives at about the same price range with the same or better performance? And I guess I might as well go with a red color scheme instead of just going for parts.

Others can give you a better idea but if you do not wish to wait for the re-release of the Sandy Bridges I currently have the i7 950. It is $294 on Newegg with free shipping. I know that is more than what the i5 2600 cost but it is a really nice CPU. The Mobo I have for it is the Asus Sabertooth X-58. I haven't had any problems with either and Asus seems to have a really good track record with mobos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom