Which component is the bottleneck in my system?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you all for your advice.
So you guys think i don t need a new graphics card?Cause some people keep telling me that s too old and this might be the problem here.

Thank you all for your advice.
So you guys think i don t need a new graphics card?Cause some people keep telling me that s too old and this might be the problem here.

if youre putting a modern game on the highest settings with a large display screen size, then yes, it wont run entirely smooth. if you have the graphic settings to something moderate, then everything should be fine. i have the same card and that has been my experience with it. also for context instead of theory:
What games are you playing?
What are the quality settings?
What are your frame rates?

Well i have a 19'' LCD monitor and i get 30-40 frames on 1280x1024.
I play new FPS games mostly,usually on high settings.
My system should handle it,right?
If not,what do you think i have to upgrade?

There's a difference between a system being handle a program and a system being able to perform well while running said program.

Like I said before, your hard drives could use an update. 8MB cache is VERY slow. You should notice a difference upgrading to a 32. I would personally go for a 64. The higher cache, the more seamless data streaming you get.

I would also go for Win7 x64 and a slightly newer graphics card. Your's is fine. But if you really believe it's your graphics card, upgrade. Even the latest ones aren't that expensive.

I'd start with trashing Vista first... I'm currently using Vista, and it truly is horrible. This is coming from a long time XP user... I love XP.

Wish it could take the memory standards of today, I'd never stop using it.

Wait... Is there an XP 64-bit???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom