Any one have any experiences with Samsung laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
I am currently looking at getting myself a laptop. I am not looking at some thing that is going to replace my main rig, but at the same time I want some thing that has a bit of grunt so if I want to play a game, I can do so reasonably.

I am currently looking at the following
Samsung QX310-S01AU Laptop | Harvey Norman Australia

Processor Type: Core i5
Processor Speed (GHz): 2.53
Installed RAM (GB): 4
Hard Drive Size: 320GB
Screen Size: 13.3"
Graphics Card Type: GeForce 310M 512Mb

I know the graphics card is not that chop, but it would be an improvement from those shared ram intel chipsets. I would like to know if any one had any experience with Samsung Laptops.

I was about to pick one of these guys up this afternoon, but the video card is a 310 Shared. There was a mistake on Harvey's Website.
However i did find the following

Asus N61JV-JX231V Notebook at $1,137.00 in Notebooks & Laptops

Asus N61JV-JX231V
CPU: Inel Core i5 450M
Processor: 2.4GHz
RAM: 4GB
Hard Drive: 640GB
Screen Size: 16"
WebCam: Yes
Optical drive: SuperMulti DVD burner
Graphics: 1GB dedicated
Connectivity: Wireless N & Bluetooth
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium
Manufacturers Warranty: 2 Years

I agree with you mindover, IMO asus has one of the best lineup of laptops there is available. They just seem like a very quality laptop, even my low end one that I picked up for $500 for tossing around in a backpack for class.

I gave it some though over night. Earlier this year, I was looking for a laptop that was no more than AU$1500 that did have some chance of gaming on it. This one at AU$1137 was just too good to refuse. So I picked it up.

ASUS FTW!!! Sorry, I'm an ASUS fanboy.

What GFX card is in there?

There are 2 video cards in this laptop. nVidia 325M 1Gb for when i want performance, and some intel integrated thing when I want battery life.

I agree with you mindover, IMO asus has one of the best lineup of laptops there is available. They just seem like a very quality laptop, even my low end one that I picked up for $500 for tossing around in a backpack for class.

I remember when I was servicing PCs, i rarely ever had any Asus laptops come in. 2 Year Warranty shows that they have faith in the product. And the service center is only about a 20 minute drive from me if there is any problems.

Just finished loading DCUO. The performance my not be as smooth or crisp as my desktop, however the game play is still satisfies the requirements for this purchase

The only 2 thing that I am not liking about this laptop
1. Battery life. Even on power saving mode, it's not really good. I am going to see about purchasing a after market hi-capacity battery some time this month. Especially if work moves me up north next month.
2. The multi touch mouse that allowed zoom in zoom out function does annoy me. Would rather a scroll function. Thankfully most of the time I am using a separate mouse.

And my sister is rather happy that she had a my old Lenovo S10 Netbook for her uni work. She was asking what i was going to do with it and I told her that it's not worth much and I rather give it to some one in need of a new laptop and appose to sell it off for next to nix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom