winter pc?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you want your computer that cool, spend the extra money and get a water cooler. Then it will be cold year round.

I shall agree with everyone, outside = dumb.

ive changed my mind... :D being as the outside idea is being called stupid i would suggest buying an air de-humidifier, then build one box and duct your air into it with the de-humidifier inside. then duct that into your comp and back out with a nice big fan or preferrably 2 120mm's (one at each end)... so it can be done methinks... :D but the garage idea may be slightly cheaper

id be realy worried about doing this as when it gets realy cold like 10 15c outside your gona get moisture in the air and this cant be good for the computer thats the only thing that worrys me

i am starting to think theft may be a problem aswell but i think i will try it some time this coming winter: ill poast pics and what not. maby ill try it on the coldist day, last year it was -22F or - 30C :) i think all the mosture will be frozen then. maby ill try it with an old pc first.

i think all the mosture will be frozen then.

Moisture is never completely frozen.....I mean it is but for something to reach 'True 0' I think it's called where the molecules doesn't move is like -396 Kelvin or something like that, and I don't even know what a Kelvin is in terms to Celsius...

i think 0 kelvin is absolute zero

kelvin is zeroed at absolute zero

celsius is zeroed at water freezing and 100 is boiling

fahrenheit is just dumb and not 0'd at anything.

i think -273 C is 0 kelvin

also: i think when he said the moisture would be frozen he meant it wouldn't be in the air because its less that 0 C, but whether thats true or not i have no idea. Makes sense though.

Yeah I couldn't remember what absolute zero was. You're right though I believe 0 kelvin is absolute 0 and it's like -462 Celsius is 0 Kelvin which is supposed to be absolute, but yeah the question still remains whether the vapor is truly there or not, which I think it still is

Lrr said:
How stupid would it be to put my computer out side for the winter?
I am in Minnesota so we have about a 17F average temp day and always below 0F at night.
Would I be stupid putting my computer outside and running all the cables inside? what with condensation and the sort.

I know it, I used to live in Crow Wing county, now I live in the Desert. :D

But...yeah that would be kind of unintelligent.

hmm well i dont think i could reach abslute zero as no one else on eatrh has yet and by the by its -459.67F, -273.15C. also i am not currently worred about any elliment except water which freezes at 0c and for three months or so i donr get above that. i suppose could try liqud nitrogen but puting out side on a cold day seems easyer. also i would keep snow out of my case its not like i am putting my mb in a snow bank.

first off where shall you find long enough cables... then worry about the rest, and as long as the sun is shining then there will be moisture... but then again moisture is everywhere all the time so a little moisture wont kill ya obviously. good luck if you do decide to do it... perhaps one of those vapochill cases might make more sense? go rob a bank and buy one, get me one too if you don't mind, THANKS! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom