Electrified TOWER!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG!!!!!!!!!!! I fixed it. the reason is almost to embarrassing to say, but I need to list so people can learn from my mistakes.....
Here was the problem from the outlet I ran a extension cord to my surge protector and the extension cord did not have a ground(man do I feel dumb), but here is the twist I also had a second computer on that same extension cord as my pc and of course my tower was electrified but the other tower was not. That I will never know but one problem down one left to go. Thanx again everyone.

There is a reason for having ground, if you have two devices that are connected in any fashion, one is grounded, yet the other isn't, electrical "noise" can be introduced into one of the devices, especially if YOU bridge the gap.

I can't remember the number of times my 5.1 receiver shocked the CRAP out of my but because it isn't grounded and is connected to the computer, touching both at the same time, is very painful.

You would think everything would have a ground wire for this reason, so all devices are in the same state of charge. -.-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom