I need a new sig ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ya, been busy as **** with the job. Got a new boss who just loves to make us work unpaid salaried overtime. Plus after I bought the house and my bug, my computer budget went to crap. Mom hooked me up with a sizeable birthday donation so I figured I'd treat myself.

I lied though, I tried having them shipped to my job and Newegg put a hold on them so I had to cancel and reorder to my house so they won't be here til tomorrow. Main reason I'm upgrading is that I want to go back to my 3 monitor setup and I was sick of the stupid displayport adapter.

I lied though, I tried having them shipped to my job and Newegg put a hold on them so I had to cancel and reorder to my house so they won't be here til tomorrow. Main reason I'm upgrading is that I want to go back to my 3 monitor setup and I was sick of the stupid displayport adapter.

What problems were you having with the displayport adapter?

Veedub gunning for the top spot again? Sounds like trouble... heh. Nice to see you back, man.

I was getting a lot of flicker on the monitor that had the adapter on it. Along with that, sometimes that monitor would just stop working completely until I got behind the machine and unplugged the adapter to reset it. Oddly enough, I'm using the adapter here at work because the DVI ports on my docking station only support single link so I have to use the display port for my 30" monitor. (old boss quit, new boss didn't want the monitor so I laid claim :) )

He means he's upgrading his system, El Mike. Veedub used be at the top of our benchmarking lists for quite a while.

I was getting a lot of flicker on the monitor that had the adapter on it. Along with that, sometimes that monitor would just stop working completely until I got behind the machine and unplugged the adapter to reset it. Oddly enough, I'm using the adapter here at work because the DVI ports on my docking station only support single link so I have to use the display port for my 30" monitor. (old boss quit, new boss didn't want the monitor so I laid claim :) )

That's odd, is it one of the eyefinity certified adapters? Although if I remember correctly you were a early adopter so you probably didn't have a lot of choices for adapters back then.

I'm using one of the new single link DVI -> displayport active adapters on my 6850 and it's done a flawless job so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom