Help with Aspire 1830T wifi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beefdawg

Baseband Member
Hello everyone,
I have a huge problem that's making me want to pull my hair out, and I need your help. I recently got an Acer Aspire 1830T-3927, and the wifi is horrible. It has an Atheros Ar8151 card, and no matter how hard I try with google searches and driver updates, It won't work properly. In my other room, my other Acer notebook captures the wifi perfectly and never goes below 4 bars. This one only gets 2 and sometimes doesn't connect at all after I've turned on the computer. I don't know what else to do. I've even tried installing windows 7 ultimate, instead of using 7 home that came with the notebook, but that hasn't helped either, so I just put it back to factory settings. Could someone please for the love of god help me. It will be greatly appreciated. THANKS!

Another version of 7 wouldn't help. It just has extra programs, doesn't change the performance.

Did you consider getting a new wireless chip? I'm not sure if you can get access to it, though. I had to replace a wireless card in a Dell Vostro 1500 that was acting up. Had to replace the mini-PCI card. If you don't want to go thru that, you can always get a wireless USB.

I haven't considered a new chip because I don't have any experience with notebooks....Also, I mean it is a possibility to get a usb network adapter, but I want to know why my crappy wifi won't work :(

Could simply be the chip is bad.

If it is still under warranty, RMA it. Be sure to back up all your personal data.

From pics, it looks like you can access the bottom of the case, where the RAM, CPU and possibly wireless mini-PCI card is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom