Cant install xp on a built cpu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello I bought this dvd burner off of ebay brand new about a month ago with anticapations to put it into my built pc so no its not from dell and it is pretty new.

Do you actally need a hard drive at this point I did not think that you did.

Do you actally need a hard drive at this point I did not think that you did.

No you don't need a hard drive...so if it WAS the hard drive, then the setup should have gotten past that point in which it freeze once you removed the HD.....windows simply loads up a program from the winXP disk and then it tries to locate hard disks but doesn't require one at that point..

Ok...off ebay huh? Did the seller say it was brand new? Did it look completely unopened or what? My point being was it new to you, or was it an actual brand new drive someone was selling off?

At this point all I can think of is your dvd-rom or RAM since you say when you disconnect the HD it still freezes at that point....

How long have you waited at that point btw? Because I've known it to take longer than it should sometimes and then it kicks in, but I'm assuming you've sat there and left it....made a sandwhich...came back and see if it's still froze? Just a thought.

me and my buddys went to a movie the other day and i left it on while we left probably for about two hours and still nothing.

Yeah came wrapped in new box and everything seller said it was brand new, this this seller has his own website with a feedback of 25000 + so I beleive him when he says it is new.

If I take this dvd burner and put it in the dell the dell makes it past that point, does that mean it HAS to be my memory now
?

I don't know...that's why you really gotta run memtest86+ ;)

Hi you said your hard drive cuased it to freeze at this point...
I didn't really answer this, I actually didn't see it....yes the hard drive cause it to freeze because the HD was from an old XBOX and you have to 'unlock' them before you can use them as a PC hard drive, so this was causing the system to lockup because at that point it was getting near the detection of the hard drives and when it went to register them to show it for the next screen it would freeze the system.

Good god man, I'm all out of ideas at this point =/

I honestly don't know what could be causing it to freeze up at that point besides what I've already suggested could be causing it...the only thing I can think of that's left that you never really clarified was if your Jumpers were set correctly on your Hard Drive and the drive is placed correctly on the cable meaning at the opposite end of the end that connects to the mobo for master.....other than that I'm running out of ideas here =/

lol well get back to me on that and make sure ALL the jumpers are set correctly.

BLAAAAAA4 I set every jumper to the right position, memtest86 said pass 1 fail o, and its still stallllling the local tech charges 85 dollars an hour and i make like ten an hour

BLAAAA 4 LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom