"press A Key To Reboot"

Status
Not open for further replies.

runescaper

Baseband Member
I have just installed windows xp pro on my new hard drive. The installlation went good with no problems. But whenever i try to boot my system, I get a message saying "PRESS A KEY TO REBOOT". I press a key and it restarts back to the same message. This message pops up if the windows cd is not in the drive. If it is, I dont get it. I tried changing the boot sequence having the hard drive first but still i keep getting the same thing. It is a little annoying to know u have to have a windows cd in ur cd drive to boot up. Any help is appreciated

EDIT
I forgot to mention, the hard drive is not set as the primary master or watever since my old hard drive which was once for booting and now for storage is set as the master. Would that affect it.?

Sometimes formatting problems may also lead to the booting errors.Did you create an active partition while formatting your new Hard Disk?
Also try connecting you hard disk as master [thou it is not a problem having it in slave]

runescaper said:
I have just installed windows xp pro on my new hard drive. The installlation went good with no problems. But whenever i try to boot my system, I get a message saying "PRESS A KEY TO REBOOT". I press a key and it restarts back to the same message. This message pops up if the windows cd is not in the drive. If it is, I dont get it. I tried changing the boot sequence having the hard drive first but still i keep getting the same thing. It is a little annoying to know u have to have a windows cd in ur cd drive to boot up. Any help is appreciated

EDIT
I forgot to mention, the hard drive is not set as the primary master or watever since my old hard drive which was once for booting and now for storage is set as the master. Would that affect it.?

Your installation did not go well. boot to your xp cd, format,reinstall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom