Electrified TOWER!

Status
Not open for further replies.

viviffx

Baseband Member
well i built my first pc today after i finished it felt like there was a like shock from time to time from my tower. At the moment i get no shock. I need some herlp with this?
Here is one problem i encountered i was suppose to plug a 4-pin power connector to the jpwr2, but my power supply does not have one it did have a 8-pin and i used that GOOD OR BAD IDEA?

It's fine to use the 8 pin, like mentioned above...the 8pin usually able to split apart.

ok cool i must just have a wire touching the case or something then hmmmmm ill have to zip tie it all back today some time. thank you guys

ok I checked my wall plugs and they are all grounded. The surge protector is fine also. I brought my power supply in to get tested and that checked out. made sure there are no stand-outs touching the mother board. I am at a loss are there any other ideas that anyone can think of. Thanx again everyone for the input hoping to here for some more answers...

It would more than likely be a faulty power supply grounding itself to it's own casing, which is contacting the main case.

What power supply, make and model, did you buy?

Well it's unlikely that a Corsair power supply would be shorting out to it's own case, but stranger things have happened.

I would check all the case fan wires and make sure none of them are pinched against the case.

If you installed a stand-off in the wrong place on the motherboard tray it could be grounding the system, but normally the computer wouldn't start.

Did you run any wires under the motherboard? Some motherboards have sharp points (solder points) that could penetrate the wire insulation.

It could be something like a faulty optical drive that's shorting out when it's accessed but not when it's idle.

I will check out all the wires again tonight after work to make sure just in case i over looked something. For the stand-offs there are no extras behind the board there was 3 across the top of board followed by 3 underneath that then two under that then 2 under that. But all of those are connected to the motherboard and i have one lonely one by its self but no where near the motherboard. There are no wires underneath the board. There are some that are kinda tight by my heat-sync but Ill check those when I get home. I unplugged the opitical drive and started the pc and i still get shocked. Changed HD's and still get shocked......
So lost but ill keep taking ideas because i bet its gonna be something really dumb and easy.
Thanx again slaymate. Hopefully you have more ideas with the info i gave you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom