Overclocking my i5 750 again...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, and I'm saying that my chip isn't stable at 4 GHz even with the Vcore @ 1.32500. That's regardless of the potential of my HSF. If I'm wrong, please correct me.

I guess what I'm asking is...With a better HSF, would my chip be able to run @ 4 GHz at a lower Vcore?

Did you read my review of the H70?
My case has two rear exhaust fans which gave me the option to place the H70 above my motherboard mosfets heatsink (circled in red in the image below). If your mosfet heatsink is covered by the H70 then you should consider aiming a fan at it, I'm surprised Corsair hasn't designed a fan shroud to duct air towards the mosfets heatsink.
corsair-h70p.jpg

I think this is your main problem at the moment and it's the main problem with the H70.

Looking at the temps highlighted in this pic.

mosfettemp.jpg

I think HWMonitor is mislabeling these values, but I do think one of them is your mosfet temps. And 78C is to high, you want a max. temp in the low to middle 60C range. The memory controller voltage is what gets the mosfets really hot and the mosfet is normally cooled off from the cpu heatsink airflow blowing in that direction.

Here's a picture of your setup and I've highlighted your mosfet heatsink in red (your mosfet heatsink is blue).

h702.jpg

Maybe you could get a couple 40mm fans or maybe you could aim one of these memory fan kits at them.
Newegg.com - EVERCOOL MNC-E Fans

Maybe I could move my H70 to one of the top 120MM fan options then put another 120MM fan in the back. Do you think that would work?

If you have the room it's worth a try. I would try to rig up a fan 1st just to see if it helps.

When you get your new paste remember to use as little as possible :thumbsup:

I just applied some Tuniq-TX2 to my heatsink, and added a 120MM fan above my CPU that blows air down onto the mosfets. In a stress test at stock speeds my CPU Temps went down about 5ºC, and my mosfet's temps went down about 30ºC.

I think I'm ready to start again.

So last night I brought everything up so I could run at 4GHz... Sadly I got the same errors as before. Even with the 120MM Fan blowing on the mosfets they are still getting to hot. I think I may need to get a new case if I can effectively use my H70.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom