iBuypower or Build?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So a gtx 460 oc is diff numbers than a 6850 oc? gotcha.

Wanted to know which one was better because I am going to order by this week or next week.

So I'll get the 460 since it's better + 2 games :D

edit; also do u know a good website that shows good video card benchmarks?

Saw a couple of benchmarks, 6850 vs gtx 460, they just keep trading blows. one beats the other in a game and vice versa..

GeForce GTX 460 1GB Performance and Conclusion | bit-tech.net

That's the review I read, if you guys think there is some numbers wrong there, and I should go with 6850 let me know.

So far going with the gtx 460 1gb gigabyte version (has two coolers) for $200, also does gigabyte make good cards? ie, build quality..

alright, so if you guys find the numbers fine then thanks for all the help to get me this far really can't wait till I order the parts

in a week or so I'll upload a pic with everything inside.

Wow, the 6850 is better than I though.. gahh I'll just go with that. It's only 4 fps diff between 6850 and gtx. Say your were in this situation paton, what would you do?

Also if I do go with the 6850, shouldn't I get the gigabyte version? it's oc'ed too but 2 fans + quiet.

Newegg.com - GIGABYTE Ultra Durable VGA Series GV-R685OC-1GD Radeon HD 6850 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card with Eyefinity

also if a 6850 can run crysis, it can def run sc2 right?

I'm a folder so I'd go nvidia. But i think the 6850 is better.

But again.. If you go with the AMD, go with the xfx for 8 bucks =more and 8 bucks less after a mir. BUT has a lifetime warrentee.

And yes, the 6850 will run sc2

Hey guys really quickly, hopefully you guys read this on time..

I was planning on going with this card:Newegg.com - MSI N460GTX Hawk GeForce GTX 460 (Fermi) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card from newegg

But I might got to TigerDirect in an hour or two and go pick up the stuff but... they don't have that card there..

Which of the gtx 460's on Tigerdirect is closest to the performance of the above one ^^^^ ?

This one: EVGA 01G-P3-1373-AR GeForce GTX 460 SuperClocked Video Card - 1024MB GDDR5, PCI-Express 2.0, Dual DVI, Mini HDMI, SLI, DirectX 11, Fermi, w/FREE StarCraft II Trial Offer Download at TigerDirect.com

or this one:

EVGA 01G-P3-1380-KR GeForce GTX 460 SSC+ Video Card - 1GB GDDR5, PCI-Express 2.0, Dual DVI, Mini-HDMI, SLI Capable, DirectX 11 at TigerDirect.com

Disregard that, I''m just going to order because it's worth it, ill just be patient.

Alrighty I just ordered finally :D

Final specs are in my sig. Now for the worst part, the waiting game, 3 days of waiting and waiting oh well LOL.

I'll post a picture of everything inside and installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom