Overclocking my i5 750 again...

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you absolutely must get to 4 GHz, then I can give you some pointers because we have the same MB; only a slightly different CPU. My board seems to like 1.22 for IMC. Since we have the same Ram, I'd imagine this would be the same for you (keep in mind my DRAM is @ 1.5v). My CPU hit a wall at 3.8 GHz. In other words, I am currently rock solid at 3.8 GHz with 1.26250 Vcore and I can't hit 4.0 GHz until 1.31875...At that point, temps are too high. But the difference between 3.8 GHz and 4.0 GHz isn't worth it to me. I would have to invest in a better CPU cooler.

Anyways, Set the IMC at 1.22. That should be all you need, and your temps should drop a little. You don't want your Vcore any higher than 1.32500 really for a 24/7 OC...

Ignore the above, he means well but he's limited by his heatsink and your not. I'll look over your latest post when I get home from work.

Skiller, please notice. I have nearly the same setup as you. I'm at 4.0Ghz, and I am only getting 40C. But my cooler is a Xigmatek Dark Knight. Please read my post and my settings.

Yeah, my temps are a little high. I don't think that I applied the thermal paste all that well because two cores are hovering around 69ºC while the others are up at 75ºC. And according to the thermal paste benchmark review thread once I get Tuniq TX-2 I'll also loose some heat.

Also tonight I probably won't be doing much because I've got my AC Theory class (provided that its not canceled due to weather) from 5-9.

Ignore the above, he means well but he's limited by his heatsink and your not. I'll look over your latest post when I get home from work.

How is he not limited by his heatsink with the temps he is getting?

Skiller, please notice. I have nearly the same setup as you. I'm at 4.0Ghz, and I am only getting 40C. But my cooler is a Xigmatek Dark Knight. Please read my post and my settings.

When are you getting 40C..??

I think I'm just over cautious with temps. If you're getting 70C Max in SC2, that means that you're getting close to 80C in LinX or Burn Test..?? I only get high temps of 55-60C in SC2 and I hit ~72C in Burn Test.

I get 70-72C in Linx. That is at full load. Might be just the airflow of your case. I have the CoolerMaster HAF 922. 2x 200mm fans, on top and front; 1 x 120mm fan on back of case; 1 x 120mm on heatsink. Mesh front too. I guess the CPU gets cool because of superb airflow.

I think it's more my chip than my HSF. Tried it at 1.32500 Vcore and failed after 2 runs of IBT. Temps hit 77C. You're only running at ~1.29v right?

1.29375 Don't you want that to go low as you can with no errors?

Slaymate said:
Yes. I would stop the run if your temps hits 80C. If it passes we want to start lowering the voltages. I would like to see the cpu voltage around 1.3v, 1.30625v or 1.3125v maximum (in the bios) but it will depend on how good your heatsink works with the heat applied.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom