New I-7 2600k pc bsod issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

blankenship701

Beta member
Hey all,

I recently bought a prebuilt pc with the new sandy bridge processor. Here are the specs:

Intel DP67BG extreme mobo
Intel I7-2600k unlocked 3.4 ghz
8 gb 1333 RAM
2x 1tb raid 0 storage hdds
64 gb ssd boot drive
2x ATI radeon HD 5750 in crossfirex ( HIS IceQ rear exhaust cards )
Wireless N pci card

Well anyways i have this PC and every once in a while when i play starcraft II it will give me a blue screen of death. I checked the ATi overdrive page during peak play and my cards never go above 65 celsius... What can be causing this? I tried dissabling crossfire and i still had the problem so that doesnt seem to be it. This is a brand spanking new pc.

Starcraft II is installed on the storage drive though i don't see how that could be the issue?

It seems that i get the error more often while listening to music at the same time as playing the game. So could it have anything to do with sound hardware / drivers?

I'm looking for any solutions to try to fix this because i really don't want to come to the conclusion that the expensive pc i just bought was a waste.

Thanks in advance!

The next time it BSOD's you need to write down the error message and the STOP code and then post that information.

Well starcraft II just crashed again but didnt give me a blue screen this time. Windows gave me an error message saying "your ati display drivers recovered from a serious issue" The screen went to sleep then came back like a minute later and starcraft II shutdown. I have the latest catalyst drivers... so i'm not sure what to do here.

Ok i just got a random restart, it wasnt a blue screen but here is the windows error message upon reboot. Hopefully this will help determine the problem?

Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 3b
BCP1: 00000000C0000005
BCP2: FFFFF80002CEEBA5
BCP3: FFFFF880062120F0
BCP4: 0000000000000000
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\012511-9952-01.dmp
C:\Users\Alex Blankenship\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-13010-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
Windows 7 Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Update:

I read onlne somewhere that updating your BIOS could help. I wasn't sure if the manufacture that made my pc had the latest BIOS update so i installed the intel express BIOS update. This has made some more problems for me so far... mainly one being that boot times are well over a minute now in comparison to being under 20 seconds pre-bios update. Did i do something wrong? The pc runs fine once it is finished booting... its very snappy actually. I am reinstalling starcraft II so only time will tell if it fixed the bsod issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom