Advice on buying a system off ebay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jbarton2009

Baseband Member
Hey guys, recently ive been looking into getting a new gaming system but im not particularly clued up on the technical side of things, and ive noticed that buying a system from America off Ebay works out so much cheaper that Trademe.co.nz (which sorta like New Zealands local Ebay). but i was wondering if i buy a system off Ebay from America, will it work outright over here? or will i need to change the PSU? or maybe the version of windows? maybe the network card or something for the internet?

thanks a lot for your help guys, probably a stupid question but dont want to do anything that ill need to pay to dearly for.

Unfortunately I cant use Newegg here in New Zealand, and all of our tech stores are super overpriced here because of the GST and such, so thats why i was wanting to use Ebay because it works out so much cheaper even with postage but yea ive since decided against buying from ebay and just saving up and spending the extra money on some New Zealand E-Stores.

Ebay is very risky for computer components. Great for other things, risky for computers. I'll probably have to use it though if I ever want to SLI :(.

Honestly, I wouldn't be afraid to buy a computer off of ebay. I have thought about it myself, not for me though. Same with computer parts. Now you would be taking a chance since you are on the other side of the pond.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom