3827 mhz with fx-55 chip woaa

Status
Not open for further replies.
that's freaking insane......it'd be more insane in a 64bit environment though but still thats some crazy arithmatic and multimedia benchmarks via the CPU...that would probably beat out a 5GHz Intel if my 2.7GHz can go up against a 3.4-3.8 in some degree

they may be getting it that high but they aren't keeping it that speed. and he was using clockgen to raise his speeds instead of doing it thru his bios so he wasn't doing any of the work, except for building the cooling system. i once had a 2.0 celeron up to a little over 2.8 with that same proggy.

Voodoo Hexx
Asus A8v Delux Mobo
AMD Athlon FX-53@2.4ghz
2 gig Corsair TwinX XMS PC 3200 DC Platinum@400mhz
Plextor Dual Layer 16X DVD+- RW
400 GIG HGST SATA 7200 RPM X2 Raid
74 gig Raptor 10,000 RPM
250 gig External One touch Maxtor
Nvidia Geforce 6800GT 256 eVGA
Core@430mhz Mem@1300ghz
2 30" Voodoo LCD TV's w/ speakers
SoundBlaster Audigy2ZS Platinum Pro
Klipsh Promedia THX 5.1 ULTRA

this is a pretty nice system too!

that is absolutely INSANE.
now think of something like that with upcomin technology of dual processors and dual GPU's... scary

Yea it definately is. Im not complaining!
I think anyone who would complain would deserve to be drug to the street and shot immediately....I can't believe you went with an ASUS board though, ABit or MSI woulda been so much better and more options from what I hear too, in the BIOS that is ( not that you necessarily care about what BIOS options you got) =/ There's been so many people on these forums with that exact board having troubles with their systems...not saying that the board is necessarily at fault but....it's just...coincidentally odd I suppose....but being that yours was built and shipped it was pre-tested beforehand

EDIT:

that is absolutely INSANE.
now think of something like that with upcomin technology of dual processors and dual GPU's... scary
Yeah I think about stuff like that, like in 10-15 years when they have 15GHz processors that are 256Bit operating systems and RAM is at like 2000MHz......computing technology is growing so quick, it's just amazing. It's strange to think two years ago they were working on the 6800 and they are already working on the card to present for the year 2006 and sh!t....can't wait until they get up to like "GeForce X 1gb DDR5" but they are going to have to come up with better solutions for heat dissipation and power consumption

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom