T3100 CPU always at max 1.9 GHz

Status
Not open for further replies.
basically what it does is use the CPU to emulate what the GPU would do, if it had the capabilities to do it. Think of it like a group project, if you've got 2 people doing 2 tasks and person 1 has less to do, therefore finishing first, he'll take on some of person 2's tasks, even if it isn't as efficient at doing it. There's a limit to how much and how effectively the CPU can take from the GPU, but in the case of onboard graphics, anything that the cpu can take from the gpu is noticeable.

It would seem as if the laptop has never existed... :( Couldn't find anything on the arab sites. Just poke around the setup/bios options and see if there's anything there that would relate to E1ST/Speed Step features.

how did you search in arabic sites? Do you know arabic?
On bootup, it said " press F2 to setup " so I clicked but bios seemed pretty basic, not like my computer at all, only had choice of date, time, password, boot sequence, no more! Btw, After that while opening it told me the PC couldn't open something like that and gave me the choices of safe mode, safe mode with 2 other things, last known configuration, start windows normally. Is that because I turned the laptop off a multiple times via the power button because I always missed the boot-up button?
Also, in msconfig under startup tab, there are 2 very weird things. Characters are squares, circle, some other weird stuff. I turned them off. IDK what they are, could they be viruses? what can I do about them if so?

Okay I did uncheck them successfully. But I guess if they were viruses they would refuse to be unchecked, right?
Anyway, what about the max CPU power all time? Any ideas why it's always max even if there's no load at all, Completely idle?

yeah look at the virus/spyware section and read the tutorial for running spyware checks and post a new thread over there.

As far as the cpu load goes, there's really no solid answer that I can come up with anymore. Best left up to an act of god ;)

Okay thanks so far but sometimes while playing any game, even this very small game Trick Hoops Multiplayer games online free ( whether a normal game on the local hard drive or a flash game on the internet ), the laptop like freeze for a second then continues every once in a while. This happens in videos&movies too. What can be wrong?

You are trying to run a Ford like a Ferrari. It ain't gonna happen.

It could be using all resources, hence the freezes.

Hmmm, so you're saying my laptop can't even run firefox flash games?
Anyway, I think the problem is solved. right after my last post, I thought the graphics driver update caused that issue. So I tried roll back driver option, but after reboot the driver still reported it was on the newer version.
so I tried uninstalling it and installing the old one, but I felt the laptop started getting messed up. I reinstalled windows and installed the old version of the graphics driver and it seems it's working smooth up till now. Also, the 2 weird entries in startup tab are gone. Sweet!
I'm just curious about something, the XP installation CD I have doesn't have a format option, so I had to use my windows 7 DVD to format the C drive. Weird thing is, after formatting it, it still had 70 MB occupied. I tried formatting another time but the same. Is this something I should be worried about? I don't care about the 70 MB, I'm just worried it could be a virus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom