The page cannot be displayed .. IE .. help

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just said that I had emptied my temp int files, cookies and also cleaned out my registry of any traces of spyware or viruses.

check your IE settings like security, proxy etc.
also make sure the TCP/IP settings for ur LAN card are OK.
Check you routers manual for details.

Did u use CWShredder?

I have a laptop on the same network that is just fine.. both computers running XP Pro .. I compared just about every setting that you mentioned and also some other settings .. they are identical.

I can't find the book on the router. I am changing routers tomorrow anyway because I am changing DSL servers.

I have four computers running thru the same router and only my main computer IE is not working. I just don't understand.

Would you have any other ideas?

just to ask, but have you checked to see if the automatically detect config has been flagged? I know you have done a lot, but I'm just curious on this... Sounds like what will happen when that is checked.

Major ... I must thank you for leading me in the right direction.

When I did a search for CWShredder .. I went to a download page and actually downloaded four programs. They were for removing spyware and leftovers from spyware programs AND one of them was LSPFix.exe (Layered Service Provider). This program repairs lsp stacks damaged by buggy or improperly removed LSP software. When I got done running that program and rebooted my computer .......... YES I was fixed.

Thank you again Major .. I would never have got that fix without you mentioned the other program.

This happened to me in Australia when i applied dsl. I don't know where ur? each adsl account only allow 2 users. That means whateven how many comps connected together in the network to share internet connection. Only two of them can surf the web, the third one will receive the same message"this page can not be display" but all the rest still may receive mails from outlook, hotmail, etc....Try to contact your ISP about ur problem, as u said the configurations of both ur laptop & comp are all identical.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom