T3100 CPU always at max 1.9 GHz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skorpian

In Runtime
hi sup.
My CPU t3100, is always at its max as stated by CPU-Z, Realtemp and coretemp. 200x9.5=1899.7 MHz any ideas?
Also I got some questions :
1-RealTemp shows my cpu at 35C most of time but CoreTemp shows 40C which one is accurate?
2-My Laptop fan turns up every almost 10 secs is that normal
3-My laptop fan is always running while running some games is that normal?
4-I used a software called free 3d analyzer with games I had trouble with (How to RUN/Play Latest Games without a Graphics Card). It didn't work very well so I deleted it and did a system restore but I'm afraid it might have caused damage to game data files or hardware. Can this software cause such troubles.
Oh and some of you might remember my issue of laptop turning off if I use battery+charger at same time. That problem fixed itself. I ran my laptop for like 4 hours straight solid strong!
Help is appreciated please :D.

1. There is always some difference in temperature readings because it's a program interpreting the temp monitor. Unless there's a major difference in temperature you don't have anything to be worried about.
2. If you're CPU is running at 1.9 all the time then yes, it's perfectly normal for the fan to turn on often. Happens on my mac when I watch a HD video.
3. Yes, you're GPU is running more intensely when you're playing a game, therefore it's running hotter than if you were just surfing the web.
4. The data files that it would change would be the shader model used, which doesn't really change the game data. If there is a problem you would just need to reinstall the game, or do a repair which is possible on most games now.

In regards to the CPU running at max temp all the time, the t3100 is a pretty low powered CPU so it would make sense that when it's running with Speed Step on that it isn't running with enough processing overhead to keep it underclocked.

Beat you MoM :p

1. Use several of them. I trust CoreTemp, but try Everest, HWMonitor, and others. Those two may be a different TJmax. The standard we use is 100% TJmax.

2. Your fan will speed up and down due to temperatures.

3. same as 2.

4. What laptop model and/or gfx do you have? Never used that software, but it looks like you have a crappy gfx.

My GFX is Sis672 intergated graphics. My model is Daewoo DB-4108s which I don't think anybody knows of.
As for max CPU speed, even if I'm doing nothing and load is like 0.7%, it still shows it's like that, which is weird because sometimes when it shows it's at its max the cpu fan doesn't turn up.
As for the software I said about, I made a copy of a game I played before using that software, and size is exactly same on both, so I can say it doesn't make permanent change? Because I heard that software puts the whole load on CPU and RAM leaving GPU with no load. More Info here Enhance graphics performance with 3D-Analyzer, a graphics card “emulator” | Freeware Reviews | dotTech
As for the temp measuring apps, which one is the most probably accurate? Because coretemp and realtemp have more than 5C difference.
Oh and last question, according to real temp, my CPU temp reached 45C on core0, 46C on core1. Is that much while I was playing age of empires? If so, shall I get an external usb cooler?

Daewoo used to make cars. haha. Another reason that the fan would kick up is temperature. once it goes over a certain temp the fan probably kicks in, which is normal. If you want to change that use a program like speed fan. It might work on your mainboard, but depending on what it is it might be hard to find a program that will work. As far as the program goes, the changes it does doesn't take up a huge amount of space. it edits the batch file of a game which is an innately small file. It sounds like if you use the program right there won't be any problems as a result, but if you try and do too much with it you might be screwed. If you want to return your game files to normal you'll have to do a reinstall of the game.

Your temps are fine, until you get around 80C you're not in any trouble of overheating. And 5C isn't anything to worry about, especially when you're down at 40C

Well I compared the size in bytes and it was the same.
I didn't click on save batch file at all. I just clicked run. Does this mean it still saved anything? If so, I'll just have to reinstall them again.
EDIT : well yeah Daewoo model is a weird thing lol. I have no problem actually with the fan it's barely noticeable when i have a video or something running. I was just concerned if it's my CPU dying.
Also, does anyone have an explanation about the always max speed issue? CPU usage is very low too but all apps still show it as max.
Thanks MOM and Peter for all help so far it's really appreciated. +rep

well if you didn't save the batch file then nothing will save and nothing will be changed once you exit the game. When you change the settings with the program and run it it only does it for the one instance of the game so you have nothing to worry about.

Does the CPU ever run at a lower speed? If it doesn't then it's quite possible that it doesn't have speed step or E1ST enabled. There isn't anything to worry about if it's running at max speed all the time, especially if temps are only around 40C. Your CPU has a life span of anywhere from 10-15 years, and running it on max speed probably eliminates 2-3 years from that. So unless you plan on keeping that computer for a decade or so, I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Man thank you.
Well, I think it did run at lower speed once. But at that time, it ran at 1.0 GHz and I kept begging it to increase speed but it refused! I kept putting all kind of possible load on it, running apps, moving the mouse like crazy but lol nothing happened.
Speed Step or E1ST options in bios I think right? Where can I find those in my bios? I'll try to look for them.
Thanks again and it's nice to know I wouldn't have to reinstall these games.

chances are they're not options that you can toggle (turn off and on) in the bios because laptop bioses are usually locked on laptops. Look through any options you have in the bios/setup menu. What specifically is the model number on the laptop, I'll see if I can find anything in online documentation.

Also as another idea, does it still run at full speed when the charger isn't plugged in?

Yep even battery only no charger, still max CPU speed.
You can try looking but me and MindOverMaster found nothing for it on the internet. Maybe you're just google luckier? :p. Its model is Daewoo DB-4108s.
On a side note if you know about that free 3d analyze app, does it cancel all load from GPU putting it on CPU and RAM? Or it just removes some graphics stuff from games to make it easier for GPU's to run?
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom